We know ballet is beautiful and know ballet dancers are stunning…but ballet is also a wonderful gift you can give your toddler to help them in life. Here’s why ballet is good for toddlers (or kids of any age for that matter!)
Many studies have shown that movement based classes including dance support better scores in literacy and numeracy. Young children who are regularly engaged in physical activities demonstrate cognitive benefits. These include improved attention, better ability to problem solve and better management of their own emotions. Therefore dancing, will benefit your toddler.
The younger a child is when they start learning something the easier it is for them. Therefore they adapt and learn much more quickly when they are toddlers than teenagers.
As 90% of the neural pathways are laid down by the age of 5 by getting your child involved earlier you are doing them a favour.
So let’s get this laid down early!
Ballet is good for toddlers, it helps them physically, socially and mentally.
First, physically ballet helps your child:
- Increase bone density
- Enhance coordination and rhythm
- Improve fine and gross motor skills
- Strengthen posture and improve deportment
- Increase flexibility and strengthen balance
- Develop long, lean and strong muscles
- Learn about proper health and nutrition
Secondly, socially ballet helps your child:
- Develop teamwork
- Learn patience and respect for taking turns
- Learn to follow instruction
- Build an inherent sense of musicality and rhythm
- Develop a sense of pride in their own work
- Establish lifelong meaningful friendships
Finally, mentally ballet helps your child
- Develop and improve listening skills
- Improve focus and concentration
- Build confidence
- Develop passion
- Become culturally enriched
- Channel their emotional energy into a creative outlet
The early years are critical for establishing a strong foundation for human growth in all developmental domains. Ballet classes will help them do that…maybe you should consider ballet for your toddler.
You can join our Babyrinas classes today.